Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multifocal Contact Lenses
09-10-2013, 13:12
RE: Multifocal Contact Lenses
Pete,

You could also trial the multifocal contacts, if you are bothered by the readers for the computer or reading. Yes, you will give up some of the crispness of your distance, but you could also give up the readers if successful. If you're not bothered by them, then I'd say stay with them. The multifocals can work beautifully for many, but you do "rob Peter to pay Paul", giving up some distance to gain the near. As I said earlier, it's "functional vision". You can function without glasses most of the time. At least that's my goal when fitting these.

It really comes down to what you brain will tolerate. If you a strong type A personality, especially about your vision; then you're probably not a good candidate for multifocal contacts. But if you're nearsighted (or were before surgery), then you can often do very well with them. Nearsighted people just don't see that gnat's butt a mile away like a farsighted person does. So the nearsighted do better with having some distance changes than the farsighted patients do in their early reader stages. Once the farsighted patients lose that crispness of distance, then they become equally as good a candidate for the multifocals.

This getting old stuff ain't for sissies! Big Grin

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Arcticdude's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multifocal Contact Lenses - RetDA - 09-10-2013, 09:52
RE: Multifocal Contact Lenses - RetDA - 09-10-2013, 10:39
RE: Multifocal Contact Lenses - Arcticdude - 09-10-2013 13:12

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)