Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multifocal Contact Lenses
10-08-2013, 11:09 (This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 11:24 by pgchin.)
RE: Multifocal Contact Lenses
I wanted to bump this thread as I committed to report on how I was doing with these lenses when I went to my doctor and so others may "see" the experience!Big Grin Tee Hee. Here's the product URL: http://www.airoptix.com/

First, A big thanks to both David and John......... David for "enlightening" the membership and John for his professional information and personal encouragement to me about trying them!
Well, I got to the docs and asked about the product, my left eye is a good candidate, my right eye (dominant ) was borderline as my astigmatism over the last 20 years since I had the Lasik done was "borderline". However, my doc is a "pal" so he said, lets "give er a go Joe" and see what you can see! Tongue My motivation was although I was comfortable with 3 sets of glasses Distance, which I never wear as my correction is very low, computer, which I always wear and the close up to see the Iphone and read books............. was getting to be a PIA having always to switch and I do NOT like progressive or tri-focals! Also, nothing,like working under the bus full of grease, having to change glasses to see what the heck I am doing to fix something.....this was a BIG / HUGE PIA in the Florida heat and sweat and I wanted the multifocals so I can drive, fix things, see the Iphone when we are at rest areas,etc.........
So in they go, after about 20 years of not wearing soft lenses and I can truthfully say MY OH MY has the technology changed in 20 years! Extra thin, extremely comfortable in all kinds of environments............ and the best part I can see at ALL THREE distances!!!!!Big Grin Yippeeeee!
Now the overall vision, as John stated, is a "compromise", but I truly enjoy each distance so I am good with it. My doc, being a pal, gave me two sets to try, both set to the same distance correction but one set has a "higher" close up correction and will compromise the distance more. he said try them both, come back, and we'll hook you up with the prescription you like best!Wink Still on the first pair with RAZOR sharp distance, BUT I can still read a paperback book, see and use the Iphone, and the computer extremely well!!!!!
Lastly, the "brain training" John spoke of earlier. I can truthfully say I actually enjoyed that part of it the BEST! I love trying new things and exercising the old noggin in different venues, even before these lenses. I'd do things / tasks, with different hands like brushing your teeth with a different hand every day, etc just to keep training it and keep it from getting old and lazy , so the lenses deal was so much fun!!!!!!!! I believe the old noggin is about trained ALMOST after 3 days but what a 3 day trip it was......the eyes would slip in and out of "mono vision" at will and switch "roles" at will, I was like "WOW MAN........ have I been hangin with Cheech and Chong"!Cool That was REALLY funky, that each one would switch roles...........I'd have to "force" them to play nice by continually changing all the 3 distances quickly and regularly!!!!!!! After about 3 days, they are both "playing nice"now!Angel It truly was fun and a gas!!!!!
So there you have it, my personal experience with them.......... and it was a success even with one eye with borderline astigmatism....... and before I forget, the Air Optix multi focals , as John previously stated, are 30 day throw aways approved for 30 days of daily wear or 7 days, 6 nights with 1 day of rest each week for the month.........you and your doctor will decide what is best for you! I had a devil of time digging that info out of the website so I figured I'd just put it here to reinforce John's earlier comments and save people some time.

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multifocal Contact Lenses - RetDA - 09-10-2013, 09:52
RE: Multifocal Contact Lenses - RetDA - 09-10-2013, 10:39
RE: Multifocal Contact Lenses - pgchin - 10-08-2013 11:09

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)