Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Webster Hydraulic Fan Motor
09-23-2013, 23:20
RE: Webster Hydraulic Fan Motor
Tommy,

That's great news! While it certainly sucks to have to replace the pump again, it's great to hear the failure was due to an internal pump issue and not something external. That should validate everything CC has done. Certainly the proof will be proper action once the new pump is in, but it's certainly looking good so far. I do truly hope the BB gremlins are fast running away from your bird. Thank you for your comprehensive report. At least we all know who to come talk to when we have hydraulic issues!!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Arcticdude's post
10-02-2015, 12:03
We are disabled on I-81 at Wytheville, VA after being towed yesterday to a Truck Repair facility. I need confirmation of the LXi fan motor.

I found this number from Rick Archie for the 97 S-60 and assume it is correct. (The mechanic hasn't removed the motor yet)

Sauer Danfoss SNU3/44DC007DVU E/6J

Can anyone confirm this is OK for LXi's also?

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
10-02-2015, 13:09
Hi Morey,

It should be:
Fan Motor: 551101134190 (sauer danfoss)

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
10-02-2015, 14:25 (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 14:34 by timetravelers.)
Hi David,

Thanks, I just have time to change to order to the correct one. I was getting one shipped from Washington State at big bucks.

David,

I just called using this number, and it's not a Sauer Danfoss. It's way too long for their system, could this be the Blue Bird P/N?

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
10-02-2015, 16:03
Hi Morey,

Attached is a pic of my old fan motor. If you enlarge the photo to it's full size you should be able to read the part number. It looks like a Sauer Danfoss part number to me:

david brady,

10-02-2015, 16:13
Hi David,

You're right, Flint Hydrostatics didn't recognize the number, but Berenson, Houston did, it is a unit made in England and is over double the price of $461 for the SNU3 etc motor. Now chasing the 551101134190.

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
10-02-2015, 17:05
Good luck Morey. Once you find it maybe you could post the full SNU3 number. It'd be interesting to decode it, and that number may be more useful.

david brady,

10-02-2015, 18:19
Morey,

I pulled this number off an old post.

It's the same number as David's except it is one digit less.

That may be the problem
Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
10-03-2015, 13:20
Chuck, thanks- David's number worked, the only problem for awhile is none of the sources had a motor. Blue Bird service centers, Google search hydraulic dealers, all had to order. The LXI pump is built only in England, not USA. Old motor had the same number on plate. We couldn't read it in the engine compartment with the light glare until we got it out.

Finally got a suggestion from one salesman to call Zwei, Inc in WA (509-548-2300) who came up with a pump in stock, It's the same but we may have to use the valve on the old pump. It's being next day air shipped. They wouldn't sell to me direct, but had to get an order from the repair shop we're sitting in.

Was flat towed (CoachNet) and the it was a help that our coach has air leveling, so I could raise the body during towing, leaving the S-60 on to provide air during the 13 mile tow. Also had them remove the Gen Front Cover for more clearance so he could drop the front more. The tow driver was great, very careful, had to go under to disconnect the axles.

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
10-03-2015, 13:29
Thanks for the update Morey. Did you disassemble the failed motor? I assume it has catastrophically failed; otherwise, you'd be looking for a seal kit. Can you post pics? Great news on the towing, sounds like you got a conscientious operator.

david brady,

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)