Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Prevost Community Fuel Discount Program
09-13-2013, 10:32 (This post was last modified: 09-13-2013 10:34 by davidbrady.)
RE: Prevost Community Fuel Discount Program
(09-13-2013 10:18)folivier Wrote:  Any chance us Newell Gurus can get in on this?

Hi Forest,

I just sent an a quick email to Jon introducing him to Tom McCloud, creator of http://www.newellgurus.com.

(09-13-2013 09:23)jon Wrote:  Thanks to David for cementing our relationship between two groups that have a friendly rivalry.

Jon
Prevost Community

You bet Jon. Thanks for the kind words. I'm looking forward to even more collaboration. Best, David

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2013, 13:57 (This post was last modified: 09-13-2013 14:45 by jon.)
I have contacted Tom McCloud and look forward to expanding this to include Newells as well. When we all work together some great opportunities are going to present themselves. This is fantastic.

We have stumbled on a glitch however and I quote Alicia, the program administrator:

"Due to Federal Regulations we are not able to process ACH Debits from Canadian Bank Accounts. We are sorry for any inconvenience. This does not affect the members that live in Canada and have a US Bank Account, we are able to process bank accounts in that situation. "

Jon

(09-13-2013 10:18)folivier Wrote:  Any chance us Newell Gurus can get in on this?

Any owner of a high end motorcoach is welcome and encouraged to join. Because of our agreement with Profit Tools who administers the program the program works best for folks that fuel only at truck islands and take on 100 gallons or more at a time.

We all may tease one another about who drives the nicest rigs, but the bottom line is by jointly participating in programs such as the Prevost Community fuel program our collective numbers make programs like this possible.

Come on to http://www.prevostcommunity.com, register as a member and take advantage of both the fuel discount program and the NAPA fleet discount program.

Jon
[+] 2 users Like jon's post
09-13-2013, 19:31
One thing to note is that you're limited to $800 per day with this program. When I fill, I'm routinely at the $900-$1000 mark. Just something to consider.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
09-13-2013, 21:10 (This post was last modified: 09-13-2013 22:36 by truk4u.)
If you have any issues with the Fuel Program signup, please don't hesitate to contact Jon or myself.

I wear two hats and I'm also the Lifeline battery guy as well as Jon's partner in Prevost Community.

Glad you're on board with the fuel program, we can all enjoy saving fuel money by coming together with the various groups.

Tom
01 Prevost Liberty
Lifeline Batteries
[+] 1 user Likes truk4u's post
09-13-2013, 21:39
I used to run my tank almost empty until I started using Silverleaf's VMSpc. Now I can see my fuel temperatures rise as the fuel level drops. At fuel temps above 150 deg F the ddec will derate power. My usual fillups are around 175 gallons, or around $700. I have 260 gallon tank. This leaves a decent margin to help with fuel temps. I know Prevost runs a fuel cooler after the engine. For hot summer days it'd be a neat upgrade on our birds.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
09-14-2013, 11:47
Of course, if you'd just slow down a bit, you wouldn't generate as much engine heat and would keep your fuel cooler!! Big Grin Big Grin

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
[+] 1 user Likes Arcticdude's post
09-15-2013, 12:44 (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013 13:48 by pgchin.)
David,
Many thanks to you, Jon, Tom, and Alicia for including us in the program!Big Grin Having the various communities watching out for each other is a comforting feeling when OTR and you see a member of the various communities roll in! It puts a smile on my face, great job of networking for the greater good!

John,
FWIW most card be it debit or credit have a "limit" per transaction..... I hit mine one time on a fuel up and was around 800. I rarely hit it as I run on the top 1/3 of the tank and keep it full at all times unless I cannot find a fuel stop on a long run and have to run over 120-150 gallons......less air space, less moisture, less algae, and the filters last longer and always come out clean......... a VERY OLD mechanics trick. Keep your tank full.......... less grief taught to me by an "old wise mechanic" when I was a kid and he was in his 70's who worked on model A.s etc.!Big Grin

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
09-15-2013, 20:43
I just tend to drive it until it's empty on a given trip (or at least close) and then refill. Get's rid of the old fuel that way.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
09-20-2013, 14:41
I made a mistake and deleted about 3 or 4 Prevost Community registrants because they all had similar addresses and I thought we were being hacked. Turns out the registrations were legit from Livingston TX so if you were among those I deleted, please re-register. I am sorry for this and now that I know why all addresses are the same it won't happen again. Shame on me.

Jon
Prevost Community
09-21-2013, 01:56
I received my cards in the mail yesterday...Thank you!

Robert Britton
2004 M380
Hollister, Ca

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)