Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum
50DN Alternator Ground Cable - Printable Version

+- Wanderlodge Gurus - The Member Funded Wanderlodge Forum (http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Electrical (/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: 50DN Alternator Ground Cable (/showthread.php?tid=10299)

Pages: 1 2

RE: 50DN Alternator Ground Cable - al perna - 09-29-2015 22:28

well, so far, so good on the new ground wire to eliminate the overcharging alternator . It was only a 2 hr drive up the North east Extension , but tomorrow will be a better test and I will report back .

I bought a 3/8 16 bolt, and a 47" negative cable at Pet Boys . I used one of the threaded holes on the alternator to bolt down the one end , then connected the other end to the negative battery post . Used a couple wire ties to keep the cable away from anything to hot .

Sorry about the lack of Pics but my phone will not allow them to load on my computer , one day I will get around to figuring it out Smile

RE: 50DN Alternator Ground Cable - davidbrady - 09-30-2015 08:48

Nice job Al, so what are all the changes that you've made while trying to fix your alternator? Trying to keep up with everything you've done. Smile

RE: 50DN Alternator Ground Cable - ernie ekberg - 09-30-2015 10:00

my alternator works fine- was there a spike in Als?

RE: 50DN Alternator Ground Cable - al perna - 09-30-2015 13:39

Ernie, yes no only a spike but pined at 300 v . This change I feel is a must for all s60 s if there is not one already . We have seen this as issue over the years on many s60 . so bad the 12v regulator is making a comeback . I will bet there is nothing wrong with any of them , I still have my old one, this is the 2 nd for me . I will test it when I find some time to play around , maybe Q.

David ,

To be honest the only thing I did was remove the positive cable off the alternator along with the big belt and run the genny . did this for 2 or 3k miles ough!!1 such a easy fix, even I did it Smile

RE: 50DN Alternator Ground Cable - ernie ekberg - 09-30-2015 19:20

You going to be at Q, Al?

RE: 50DN Alternator Ground Cable - al perna - 09-30-2015 21:08

yes Ernie , Lord willing we will be racing across the country right after my meetings in Pa second week of Jan.