Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First newbee mistake w/ generator on SpongeBob
09-04-2014, 21:01 (This post was last modified: 10-27-2014 13:45 by travelite.)
First newbee mistake w/ generator on SpongeBob
I had an unusual failure occur recently. I'm new to air bag suspended generators. I've never played around with the two pressure regulators feeding air to the fore and aft air springs, but someone must've. I arrived at my bus yesterday to find a puddle of oil on the floor under the generator. Seems I've been driving with very little air pressure in the front air bags. In addition, the rubber bump stop mounted to the floor of the enclosure and designed to support the engine sump pan had sheered off. This allowed the oil drain petcock to rest firmly against the enclosure tray. I guess over the miles the force and vibrations were too much for the welded on sump pan threaded bung. The weld attaching the threaded bung to the sump cracked and began leaking! The sump pan has to come off to repair the weld. Odd failure! I now know to pay particular attention to the pressure in those air bags and to make sure the resting rubber bump stops are in place and secured properly! This is my first mess-up with this bus! Sad

İmage İmage

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
First newbee mistake w/ generator on SpongeBob - davidbrady - 09-04-2014 21:01

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)