Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NADA Wanderlodge Listings
04-20-2015, 15:16 (This post was last modified: 04-20-2015 15:20 by cmillsap.)
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings
Thank you David, You are indeed a true friend. I have no idea what’s still going on over at WOG regarding my posts. I removed the link from my ‘puter and I don’t go there anymore since removing my membership. When I said I’m done, I meant it. But I’m here at WAGU and still more than willing to help any WOG member if I can but they will need to join WAGU.

Really, it doesn’t bother or concern me if some members disagree with my position regarding NADA. I feel that removing the NADA values on my bus will hurt its marketplace pricing over the next 5 years. Obviously, some members feel otherwise. What does bother me more is Randy Dupree taking it upon himself to do something that I feel detrimentally affects the value of my bus. I didn’t ask him to be my proxy.

It’s interesting in that there is a general belief in the WOG membership that owning a Wanderlodge dictates that you have to depend on that forum to keep your ‘bird running. This feeling of loyalty stems from WOG’s dominate position on the internet search engines. Potential buyers searching for information on the web find WOG first and join as a “Wannabe”. A large number of them end up buying their bus from Randy due to the urging of other members and Randy’s advertising banner which headlines the WOG home page. This is all good and well to a certain point but the loyal members to Randy need to recognize that their input and contribution to WOG supports and helps feeds a constant stream of buyers and sellers to a profit making business ran by Randy. I’ve not heard of any member on WOG getting a commission for helping Randy sell Wanderlodges. Maybe Randy should share the wealth with them.

Older members will remember that for a long time WOG was simply a discussion site on Wanderlodges with members helping other members maintain their bus. Its only tie to a going business of selling ‘Birds was Randy’s ownership. As time went by, Randy slowly and methodically transformed the forum into a sales site for his businesses. First he added a headline banner on WOG’s home page and later added another hawking Bluebird Paraphernalia. This significantly increased the number of buyers and sellers using Randy’s business to buy or sell a bus and provided increased income to him.

Please don’t take my position here the wrong way. Randy has all the right in the world to run his business and derive a living out of it but he should not be using the member’s forum as an advertising site. If the WOG members are willing to allow Randy to take advantage of the forum’s popularity and turn it into a profit making business, so be it. I simply do not want to participate. Forums should not be ran as a front for your business. I would not want to own a Bluebird if I had to depend on Randy Dupree and his forum to keep it on the road and in good running condition. I love my LXi and enjoy fixin’ it up and keeping it beautiful and I can manage that without WOG.

Certainly forums can be helpful if ran properly. I am thankful that David Brady has provided a true forum in WAGU as an alternative. The document archives are the things I value most. WAGU provides the best Wanderlodge document library on the internet today. It provides me with what I need to keep my bus maintained. Knowledgeable and experienced members input such as the ones you will find here on WAGU are also a great benefit. There is no member including those remaining on WOG that has the breadth of knowledge about a late model Wanderlodge than David Brady. WOG members need to join WAGU and take advantage of all the great information provided here. It is a real process to find information located in the WOG documents. Probably, the best organized documentation on WOG are the LXi documents that David and I uploaded to it back several years ago.

I’m sorry that my position on the NADA values removal has caused such an uproar. (Sigh). But it has helped shed a light on what is really happening over on WOG and why Randy started this mess in the first place.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - JD33 - 04-19-2015, 21:07
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - DonB - 04-19-2015, 22:33
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - DonB - 04-20-2015, 14:03
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - DonB - 04-20-2015, 14:16
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - cmillsap - 04-20-2015 15:16
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - DonB - 04-20-2015, 23:59
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - DonB - 04-20-2015, 17:09
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - DonB - 04-21-2015, 19:42
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - DonB - 04-21-2015, 20:08
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - DonB - 04-21-2015, 21:12
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - DonB - 04-21-2015, 21:46
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - DonB - 04-21-2015, 22:46
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - DonB - 04-21-2015, 22:57
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - DonB - 04-22-2015, 11:05
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - DonB - 04-22-2015, 13:10
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - DonB - 04-22-2015, 14:49
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - DonB - 04-22-2015, 16:31
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings - DonB - 04-22-2015, 16:04

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)