Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets Talk HWH Slides
03-20-2014, 19:48 (This post was last modified: 03-20-2014 19:53 by al perna.)
RE: Lets Talk HWH Slides
Got it . Smile

Got it . Smile I will update the forum on the install when the parts arrive . Thank s

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2014, 03:33 (This post was last modified: 03-21-2014 13:59 by cmillsap.)
Al,

Have you located exactly where the leak is? I wouldn't go buying more parts than may be needed. They ain't cheap! I believe the most common leaks happen on the slide extend/retract cylinder's rod seals. There is a kit for that although I can't give you the part # as I am away from my bus.

Johnney at Parliament replaced a seal on one of my slide extend/retract cylinders. About a week later, the other cylinder rod seal started to leak. We ended up replacing both extend/retract cylinders with new ones. HWH had to make them to order as they didn't stock them. Now my slide operates nice and smoothly.

Be sure that whoever repairs the leak bleeds the system properly and throughly before operating the slide room. If a room extend/retract cylinder is dismantled; be sure the stroke is re-adjusted properly.

This kind of repair may be better left to someone with knowledge and experience on the HWH hydraulic slide mechanisim as I wouldn't want it to end up like the towing harness did at "Q".Big GrinBig Grin

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
03-21-2014, 14:01
Chuck ,

I have been waiting for you Smile . I was hoping a leaking seal could be repaired . Let me ask you did your slide rack on either the retract/extract or did you just want to repair a leak ?

You are correct , I called yesterday and they need 8 days to build one ? they could not allow me to pay for it until I provided a ship to address ?? Imagine they would not take my $$$$ what a laugh , in this economy I take the cash and work out the details . O well guess I was not talking to a owner .

Don t worry about me doing the work hahaha , I just want to be sure of the repair steps , as a way of knowing whether the repair man knows his stuff . It was clear to me that the tech at marathon did not know what he was doing . I however was willing to pay him 400 dollars to learn a little . I did nt mind cause I learned along with him .

as to the towing harness . I think it all worked out well Smile what better place to get a repair done hahaha

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
03-21-2014, 18:04 (This post was last modified: 03-21-2014 18:15 by cmillsap.)
Hi Al,

The primary reason was to fix the oil leak. With the two new cylinders installed, the room movement was much smoother. Any leakage across the cylinder piston due to wear will affect the movement. We chose to just replace both cylinders rather than trying to fix the old ones.

New cylinders and proper adjustment to the rod stroke did result in a much smoother stroke. My room movement is pretty fast. There is an initial bump as the pins unlock and the slide begins to move.

I know you can do the repair yourself but I'm thinking it may be well worth the expense having a knowlegeable person that knows how to properly install & adjust it and get all the air out of the system which is very important for a smooth non-racking movement.

Yep, the towing harness repair worked out well for you in the end...Big Grin

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
03-21-2014, 20:31
Al, why don't you go to the HWH factory and have them do it?

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
03-22-2014, 01:31
Steve ,

1900 miles away going East .is where HWH reigns . To be honest with you Steve , the slide issue is not really any different from any other BB issue we have had . in fact not as bad as most we have had . It isn t really so bad when you understand how it works . we all know many issue leaves us on the side of the road , not true with a slide issue . all one needs to do is figure out how to disarm the noise and it is a repair one can make when able .

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
03-22-2014, 02:41
Chuck ,

Where did you have the replacement done ?as I said we can wait if need be as the parts are 8 days out . In a few weeks we will be working our way back down the 5 them over the 10 .

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
03-22-2014, 13:49
(03-22-2014 02:41)al perna Wrote:  Chuck ,

Where did you have the replacement done ?as I said we can wait if need be as the parts are 8 days out . In a few weeks we will be working our way back down the 5 them over the 10 .

Al,

Johnney Anderson at Parliament in Clearwater,FL did the work on my slide cylinders. Since you are headed down the west coast, you may want to contact Rolando Flores at Redlands Truck & RV in Redlands, CA. They are located right off I-10. Business: 888-249-0124 or his Cell: 909-206-3050. Rolando has done a lot of work on my bus including upgrading the PTO. Their work is excellent and reasonably priced. They work with HWH, so you could have the parts shipped directly to them or they can order them for you.

Whenever you get down this way, give us a call. You should have our cell#. If not, I'll PM it to you.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
03-23-2014, 12:19
Thank s Chuck , I d rather not wait till we are home for this repair haha as I FYI , Johnnie A is no longer at Parliament or did he return ? I think there should be a HWH certified shop somewhere along the coast here , don't you think ? Do you know if the Redlands guys are HWH Certified ?

We will be sure to give you and Tela a ring when we are back in the S Ca area . Thank s for the offer , and we could do a little Pot Luck Dinner ? I think there are a few owners down there maybe we could meet at a local RV Park ??

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
03-23-2014, 20:57
(03-23-2014 12:19)al perna Wrote:  Thank s Chuck , I d rather not wait till we are home for this repair haha as I FYI , Johnnie A is no longer at Parliament or did he return ? I think there should be a HWH certified shop somewhere along the coast here , don't you think ? Do you know if the Redlands guys are HWH Certified ?

We will be sure to give you and Tela a ring when we are back in the S Ca area . Thank s for the offer , and we could do a little Pot Luck Dinner ? I think there are a few owners down there maybe we could meet at a local RV Park ??

Al,

I don't think Redlands is a certified HWH service shop but I'm sure they can fix it as well or better than some certified shops.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)