Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets Talk HWH Slides
03-24-2014, 01:36
RE: Lets Talk HWH Slides
Chuck,
I would rather go with a shop with experience. I am sure they would figure it out but at 110 hr not on my slide . when we were at Marathon and they were scratching there heads at 110 @ hr it was me who produced all the steps with the doc s David forwarded to me . without the HWH trouble shooting guide they would still have the coach . I just don t understand why a Tech is so hard headed about looking for directions ? I think in the morning we will know our next stop and have the cylinder shipped there . thank s for the lead , as I am sure there will be other issues to deal with by the time we reach S Ca .

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2014, 11:45
We have a update on the slide issue . after reading the HWH troubleshooting and other info here on WAGU , it turns out that a slide awning !!! can cause a slide to rack .

So the light damage we have to the awning caused from ice removal in Pa back in Jan seemed to have been binding up . We then exercised the awning a few times and this allowed it to move in smoothly enough for the pins to lock . we now will place the awning replacement #1 on the to do list .

we will look into ordering it today and having it shipped to a future campground ? where will depend on how soon ZipDe can ship it . still plan to replace the cylinder but not until we find a authorized shop . Al

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
03-25-2014, 13:00
(03-25-2014 11:45)al perna Wrote:  We have a update on the slide issue . after reading the HWH troubleshooting and other info here on WAGU , it turns out that a slide awning !!! can cause a slide to rack .

So the light damage we have to the awning caused from ice removal in Pa back in Jan seemed to have been binding up . We then exercised the awning a few times and this allowed it to move in smoothly enough for the pins to lock . we now will place the awning replacement #1 on the to do list .

we will look into ordering it today and having it shipped to a future campground ? where will depend on how soon ZipDe can ship it . still plan to replace the cylinder but not until we find a authorized shop . Al

Al, what direction are you heading when you leave? You can always have the parts sent to my place if you plan on being back this way.

Robert Britton
2004 M380
Hollister, Ca
03-25-2014, 14:11
Robert , Thank you this sounds like a good plan . I will find out how long it takes for the Awning to be made . Do you know of a place we could change out the awning ?would be nice to have your help . we would need a way to reach it . a scaffold would work best ? I only have about 600 or more sections in Fla .hahaha .

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
03-25-2014, 14:23
(03-25-2014 14:11)al perna Wrote:  Robert , Thank you this sounds like a good plan . I will find out how long it takes for the Awning to be made . Do you know of a place we could change out the awning ?would be nice to have your help . we would need a way to reach it . a scaffold would work best ? I only have about 600 or more sections in Fla .hahaha .

I have a couple of good ladders that we could set up that will probably work. I could pull my coach out of the shop and back yours in for the job.

Send me an email robertbritton@charter.net for shipping address.

Robert Britton
2004 M380
Hollister, Ca
03-25-2014, 19:08
thank s Robert , we are getting settled in and will follow up shortly. The folks at ZipDee need all kinds of measurements to make the awning . they also need 8 days to knit the cotton or something like that haha

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
03-25-2014, 19:48
Al, they have to shear the sheep firstBig Grin

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
03-25-2014, 21:35
very funny Steve , you know we have been on the road so long I almost forgot about the Air Bag issue you helped us with when we first started hahaha thank s again Steve Smile

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)