Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autocorrect for Humanity
10-15-2014, 18:32
Autocorrect for Humanity
Here's an interesting take on society by a younger artist. I wonder if there will be followers of what he thinks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...Rl8EIhrQjQ

I'll admit that I do much of what he says currently, but only because I have to do some of it for my chosen career. As soon as I can retire, there will be a drastic slowdown and return to the basics of life for me. Hell, my current cellphone doesn't even work at the retirement house. It quits 10 miles out! And I'm looking forward to it!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2014, 20:17
RE: Autocorrect for Humanity
I agree with you, John. Maybe it's my generation(who were brought up before television).
To me and the boss, the phone is NOT the center of our lives, we often go out and leave the phone at home, or just shut it off. How many times, in a restaurant, do you see people on the phone, in some manner, ignoring the people(children) at the table? What is society coming to?

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
10-15-2014, 20:57 (This post was last modified: 10-15-2014 21:15 by davidbrady.)
RE: Autocorrect for Humanity
John,

I put my child's stuffed Teddy Bear in the mail to you today; this should help you in your quest for real life fluffiness! TongueTongueTongue He want's it back though! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

When I worked ridiculous hours in the hi-tech industry of Silicon Valley Ca, we referred to it as the need for "hi-touch". We had a tendency to OD on hi-tech; hence, the need for hi-touch. So we'd play soccer, volley ball, we'd have beer and burgers at our local watering holes. In essence, it's all about balance.

But... I understand completely the issue that Steve brings up. Cell phones promote the height of bad manners... a formal thank you has been replaced by an SMS text. A handcrafted letter has been replaced by a "like". God forbid we should lift our sorry heads to say hello to the checkout clerk! And, I've actually heard (although for the record I have not experienced this) of people texting during sex! (John, can you quit with the every-other-Sunday at 11:30pm texts)! LOL!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)