Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Inverter charge with shore but OK with genset
01-22-2015, 16:04
RE: No Inverter charge with shore but OK with genset
Thanks for the schematics.. Power seems OK to inverters..and OK through the bypass.
Possibly need 115 V input?? Could that cause inverters to not charge??

Meters above door read 110 V not 115 as I posted earlier.
Ross

Latest :
Bypass inverter 2 puts shore power directly EMS panel 3 which then does not shed and works normally.
So allowing power to go through inverter causes the EMS issue.
But still no charge with inverter one. (Last night both inverters charged for a while) Very unlikely that both inverters toasted at the same time.
John .. I think the power input from post is suspect. I'll find/borrow an accurate meter. My new one is crap.

Borrowed a good meter -- 110, 111 on post .. each line and 224 across. Inverter outputs on inverter recept. reads 105 V !
No line V drop when coach attached ( meter with plug part way out).

(01-22-2015 15:36)davidbrady Wrote:  Ross,

Have you gotten any insight into this problem? We have complete M450 electrical schematics in our Document Library.

I looked at the power distribution schematics and everything after the first priority transfer switch is common to both systems, genny power or house power.

I keep thinking there's something going on with the energy management system. But that seems odd because you said you have two legs of 120VAC shore power making its way to the house loads. There may be something happening at the shore power, perhaps reverse polarity, or both legs actually being wired to only one in-phase source. Could the energy management system detect this and prune back the battery chargers? I'd check the poll for 2 separate legs of 120VAC. Put a voltmeter across the red and black leads to see if you're getting 240VAC.

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Inverter charge with shore but OK with genset - dentmac - 01-22-2015 16:04

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)