Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignition switch
05-12-2009, 06:27
Ignition switch
If you have the old lock cylinder, you may be able to "drop it in" to the new lock -- or take it to a locksmith as a source of parts or for the locksmith to swap the cylinders if you're unable to.
Any locksmith can change the cylinder to match the key. It (should) only take a few minutes. It's been awhile since I've done this, but the cost wasn't very much. If you can disassemble the lock and remove the cylinder, that will be a help (save the locksmiths time and time =$).
Most locks will require replacing and/or rearranging small pins and springs -- best left to an expert with the right tools. Besides, the locksmith may need to substitute other pins from stock for those in the lock... especially if the old cylinder isn't available or is damaged.
Pete Masterson
'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On May 12, 2009, at 11:16 AM, p_a_lazar wrote:

Just spent the last two days chasing my tail trying to find a replacement ignition switch for my 97 WB. Seems it is the same switch used for a long time and know it is used at least on the 85FC as well.

Truck dealers don't stock this switch. I have gone to Kenworth, Peterbuilt, Ford truck, Freightliner and GMC truck.

The place to get the switch is INTERNATIONAL, especially the school bus dealers. It appears that school buses (makes sense) use the same switch and the International part number is: 1652306C91. I replaced mine today.

In the for what it's worth dept., I stopped by the BB bus dealer here and they have sent most of their parts back and didn't have the switch nor one that they could find in their parts book.

For the archive, the Pollak part is 31-139 and the International part is 1652306C91.

Now all I have to figure out is how to change the lock cylinder so the keys to the front ignition is the same as the rear ignition switch now that I have changed the front.

Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2009, 02:39
Ignition switch
I just bought a new switch and used the ring off it. Now have a spare switch if necessary. They seem to be a standard size.

Jean Eichenlaub
'87 35' FC

Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)