Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas RV Drivers License
03-30-2009, 13:35
Texas RV Drivers License
Since you are the only person I know who has a license, we may get a group together and rent you. My prime concern is the potential to invalidate the insurance coverage; I think it is a serious question.

Wallace Craig
95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

--- On Mon, 3/30/09, Chet Geist wrote:

Subject: RE: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 8:23 PM

Chuck,
When I took the test it was thirteen questions on a computer. Matter covered is on a small number of chapters in the CDL book and they tell you what chapters to study. Mostly lengths, lights, weights and things like that. Then I took about a two mile road test with a DPS officer in the Bluebird. His parting words were "Did you notice I didn't ask you how you got it here without a license". I real nice officer.
Chet Geist
1981 FC33, Austin, Texas
-----Original Message-----
From: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Chuck Wheeler
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 7:46 PM

Curious what the Texas test consisted of. I had a CDL until I retired from the railroad but never thought about needing something special for the Wanderlodge.
- Chuck Wheeler-
1982 FC 31SB Fort Worth TX

From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge Forum@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Chet Geist
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 7:36 PM
To: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com

Wallace,
I checked this out about three or four years ago and at the time I was given a lot of advise on this forum that I had not read the law correctly. I also had people tell me that I should just take a chance and not bother to get a correct license. I did not follow all that free advise and went ahead took the test and got my no restriction class B license My present license is good until 2013 and if I am still driving a coach I will get it renewed.
Chet Geist
1981/FC33/ Austin, Texas
From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge Forum@yahoogroup s.com]On Behalf Of Wallace Craig
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License

Wallace Craig
95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

--- On Mon, 3/30/09, Wallace Craig wrote:

Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
To: wanderlodgeforum@ yahoogroups. com, "wanderlodge forum" , "ron marabito" , "Ernie Eckbert" , "Ralph Fullenwider"
Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 6:28 PM

In the April issue of FMCA magazine at page 70 there is a brief article that purports to set forth that motorhomes weighing in excess of 26,000 requires that the operator have a Texas Class B noncommercial license. It requires a written and driving test and cost $10. Normally, one might entertain the idea of simply taking ones chances; however I am concerned about the legal ramifications on ones libality insurance coverage. I can imagine that an insurance carried would take the position that the vehicle was being operated without a proper license and that such is a violation of the policy terms and would void the policy. I am unaware of the case law (if any) in Texas on this issue but would not care to test the law with the insurance carrier in case of an accident. A spokesperson for the Texas DPSstatesthat the test must be in the class vehicle they would like to drive. Ernie, this may mean that several of us need to get together an go at once in a texas lic coach.
Comments??

Wallace Craig
95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2009, 13:37
Texas RV Drivers License
Just for the hell of it, I am going to take the written CDL General Knowledge test, the Air Brake endorsement, and the Combination endorsement tomorrow here in GA. If I can scrounge up a semi from a friend I will get a Class A; if not I will get a class B in the BB. Assuming I pass the written. It should not be a problem but the mock test questions I have taken in preparation try to trick you. All the way back to College I have never seen the benefit of that. 40 questions on each test; 80% accuracy required. Plus a DOT physical.
Leroy Eckert
1990 WB-40 Smoke N Mirrors
Dahlonega, GA
Royale Conversion

--- On Mon, 3/30/09, Chet Geist wrote:
Subject: RE:
[WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 9:23 PM

Chuck,
When I took the test it was thirteen questions on a computer. Matter covered is on a small number of chapters in the CDL book and they tell you what chapters to study. Mostly lengths, lights, weights and things like that. Then I took about a two mile road test with a DPS officer in the Bluebird. His parting words were "Did you notice I didn't ask you how you got it here without a license". I real nice officer.
Chet Geist
1981 FC33, Austin, Texas
From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge Forum@yahoogroup s.com]On Behalf Of Chuck Wheeler

Curious what the Texas test consisted of. I had a CDL until I retired from the railroad but never thought about needing something special for the Wanderlodge.
- Chuck Wheeler-

From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge Forum@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Chet Geist

Wallace,
I checked this out about three or four years ago and at the time I was given a lot of advise on this forum that I had not read the law correctly. I also had people tell me that I should just take a chance and not bother to get a correct license. I did not follow all that free advise and went ahead took the test and got my no restriction class B license My present license is good until 2013 and if I am still driving a coach I will get it renewed.
Chet Geist
1981/FC33/ Austin, Texas
From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge Forum@yahoogroup s.com]On Behalf Of Wallace Craig

Wallace Craig
95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

To: wanderlodgeforum@ yahoogroups. com, "wanderlodge forum" , "ron marabito" , "Ernie Eckbert" , "Ralph Fullenwider"

In the April issue of FMCA magazine at page 70 there is a brief article that purports to set forth that motorhomes weighing in excess of 26,000 requires that the operator have a Texas Class B noncommercial license. It requires a written and driving test and cost $10. Normally, one might entertain the idea of simply taking ones chances; however I am concerned about the legal ramifications on ones libality insurance coverage. I can imagine that an insurance carried would take the position that the vehicle was being operated without a proper license and that such is a violation of the policy terms and would void the policy. I am unaware of the case law (if any) in Texas on this issue but would not care to test the law with the insurance carrier in case of an accident. A spokesperson for the Texas DPSstatesthat the test must be in the class vehicle they would like to drive. Ernie, this may mean that several of us need to get together an go at once in a texas lic coach.
Comments??

Wallace Craig
95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

03-30-2009, 13:45
Texas RV Drivers License
--- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Wheeler" wrote:
>
> Curious what the Texas test consisted of. I had a CDL until I retired from
> the railroad but never thought about needing something special for the
> Wanderlodge.
>
> - Chuck Wheeler-
> 1982 FC 31SB Fort Worth TX
>
>

First a couple details: The Texas requirements are based on the Gross
Vehicle Weight Rating, not the actual weights. If the main vehicle
GVWR is 26,001 lbs or greater, but the towed vehicle GVWR is less
than 10,000 lbs, a non-commercial class B license is required. If
the combined GVWR of the tow vehicle and trailer is greater than
26,001 lbs and the trailer GVWR exceeds 10,000 lbs, a non-commercial
class A license is required.

Fortunately my toad has a GVWR of 9900 lbs, so I only need a class B
license.

Non-commercial licenses are exempt from log book and medical
requirements.

I took my tests in Denton, a college town north of Dallas. First the
application was completed and a form certifying you will not be
driving for hire. A (computerized) written test on general rules
from the Commercial Drivers License manual was passed. Road testing
followed on another day: This office only conducted class A and B
road tests one day per week. This DMV office is in a very suburban
area.

My examiner was not in uniform. She did not ask how the coach got to
the testing site (with no licensed drivers in evidence.) She did a
brief walk-around to see the inspection and registration stickers,
and general condition I suppose. I pulled into traffic from the
shoulder, then drove about a mile to where the road becomes a
divided, limited access bypass, then about another mile to the next
exit. Here we circled under the freeway and went back the same road
past the DMV. The route was under construction, with no shoulders,
and included several traffic lights. (I lost points, but did not
fail for going through a yellow.) Before returning to the office,
the final task was to pull into the left-hand lane on a four-lane
side street and stop. The examiner got out to watch while I backed
up into the curb lane. Sort-of like parallel parking, which I had
practiced for real in a marked lot, but way easier.

That was it. No air brake questions or pre-trip inspection.

You need not use the DMV office near your residence, rather select
an office where driving through tight turns in city traffic is avoided.

--M.R.Kane
1987 PT40
currently Pecos, TX
03-30-2009, 15:07
Texas RV Drivers License
I didn't think you needed a CDL to drive a train.... or any government license.
Pete Masterson
'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Mar 30, 2009, at 5:46 PM, Chuck Wheeler wrote:

- Chuck Wheeler-

From:"WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com"["WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com"]On Behalf OfChet Geist
Sent:Monday, March 30, 2009 7:36 PM
To:"WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com"
Subject:RE: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License

Wallace,
Chet Geist
1981/FC33/ Austin, Texas
From:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com ["Wanderlodge"Forum@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf OfWallace Craig
Sent:Monday, March 30, 2009 6:33 PM
To:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Subject:Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License

Wallace Craig
95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

--- OnMon, 3/30/09, Wallace Craigyahoo.com>wrote:
To: wanderlodgeforum@yahoogroups.com, "wanderlodge forum" yahoo.com>, "ron marabito" net>, "Ernie Eckbert" com>, "Ralph Fullenwider" net>

Comments??

Wallace Craig
95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

03-30-2009, 15:15
Texas RV Drivers License
As I was reading your description of the driving test, I was thinking -- wow, no hill-handling test. Then I remembered you were in Texas ....
Pete Masterson
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Mar 30, 2009, at 6:45 PM, mrkane1952 wrote:
<snip>
My examiner was not in uniform. She did not ask how the coach got to
the testing site (with no licensed drivers in evidence.) She did a
brief walk-around to see the inspection and registration stickers,
and general condition I suppose. I pulled into traffic from the
shoulder, then drove about a mile to where the road becomes a
divided, limited access bypass, then about another mile to the next
exit. Here we circled under the freeway and went back the same road
past the DMV. The route was under construction, with no shoulders,
and included several traffic lights. (I lost points, but did not
fail for going through a yellow.) Before returning to the office,
the final task was to pull into the left-hand lane on a four-lane
side street and stop. The examiner got out to watch while I backed
up into the curb lane. Sort-of like parallel parking, which I had
practiced for real in a marked lot, but way easier.

<snip>
03-30-2009, 15:52
Texas RV Drivers License

Actually you do. Engineers are licensed, this became a requirement after a freight train collided with AMTRAK some where in the east. I haven't had a engineer's license for about 12 years. I believe that STEPHEN BIRTLES is a engineer and could provide current requirements. CDL is not required to operate a train, but is to operated the trucks we used in the engineering department. With the BNSF you were required to have a CDL if you worked in the field at all just in case you drove one of the trucks. This is due to the large number of trucks that have hasmat onboard even if they were not large enough to normally require a special license..
- Chuck Wheeler-

From: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Pete Masterson
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 10:08 PM

I didn't think you needed a CDL to drive a train.... or any government license.

Pete Masterson
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Mar 30, 2009, at 5:46 PM, Chuck Wheeler wrote:

- Chuck Wheeler-

From:"WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com"["WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com"]On Behalf OfChet Geist
Sent:Monday, March 30, 2009 7:36 PM
To:"WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com"
Subject:RE: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License

Wallace,
Chet Geist
1981/FC33/ Austin, Texas
From:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com ["Wanderlodge"Forum@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf OfWallace Craig
Sent:Monday, March 30, 2009 6:33 PM
To:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Subject:Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License

Wallace Craig
95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

--- OnMon, 3/30/09, Wallace Craigyahoo.com><S class="Apple-converted-space" pan>wrote:

To: wanderlodgeforum@yahoogroups.com, "wanderlodge forum" yahoo.com>, "ron marabito" net>, "Ernie Eckbert" com>, "Ralph Fullenwider" net>

In the April issue of FMCA magazine at page 70 there is a brief article that purports to set forth that motorhomes weighing in excess of 26,000 requires that the operator have a Texas Class B noncommercial license. It require s a written and driving test and cost $10. Normally, one might entertain the idea of simply taking ones chances; however I am concerned about the legal ramifications on ones libality insurance coverage. I can imagine that an insurance carried would take the position that the vehicle was being operated without a proper license and that such is a violation of the policy terms and would void the policy. I am unaware of the case law (if any) in Texas on this issue but would not care to test the law with the insurance carrier in case of an accident. A spokesperson for the Texas DPSstatesthat the test must be in the class vehicle they would like to drive. Ernie, this may mean that several of us need to get together an go at once in a texas lic coach.
Comments??

Wallace Craig
< div>95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

03-30-2009, 16:13
Texas RV Drivers License
You might check to be sure there aren't ramifications... I always
wanted to get a CDL, just to have it. Unfortunately, in Washington
(and it may be this way everywhere, I don't know), any traffic
infractions by a CDL holder result in a doubling of the fine (because
you should have known better, apparently). This is true regardless of
the vehicle you are driving at the time you are ticketed.

As our government agents in blue just love to hand out extortion
notices, and as I've been the recipient of enough of them for
inadvertant mild speeding (and others for entirely BS, made up
reasons), I decided against holding a CDL unless I absolutely needed
one - and I don't.

-Ryan
'86 PT-40 8V92

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Leroy Eckert wrote:
> Just for the hell of it, I am going to take the written CDL General
> Knowledge test, the Air Brake endorsement, and the Combination endorsement
> tomorrow here in GA. If I can scrounge up a semi from a friend I will get a
> Class A; if not I will get a class B in the BB. Assuming I pass the written.
> It should not be a problem but the mock test questions I have taken in
> preparation try to trick you. All the way back to College I have never seen
> the benefit of that. 40 questions on each test; 80% accuracy required. Plus
> a DOT physical.
> Leroy Eckert
> 1990 WB-40 Smoke N Mirrors
> Dahlonega, GA
> Royale Conversion
>
03-30-2009, 17:22
Texas RV Drivers License
Engineers are certified by the gov,t in the states as welll as rules certified
by the individual railways With your certification and a valid rules card you
have the ability to work for any railway in the United States
what you dont want to do is get caught in a cardinal rule violation situation if
you lose your certification its time to flip burgers at mickey d's
Stephen 77fc35

--- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Wheeler" wrote:
>
> Actually you do. Engineers are licensed, this became a requirement after a
> freight train collided with AMTRAK some where in the east. I haven't had a
> engineer's license for about 12 years. I believe that STEPHEN BIRTLES is a
> engineer and could provide current requirements. CDL is not required to
> operate a train, but is to operated the trucks we used in the engineering
> department. With the BNSF you were required to have a CDL if you worked in
> the field at all just in case you drove one of the trucks. This is due to
> the large number of trucks that have hasmat onboard even if they were not
> large enough to normally require a special license..
>
> - Chuck Wheeler-
>
>
> _____
>
> From: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Pete Masterson
> Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 10:08 PM
> To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
>
>
>
> I didn't think you needed a CDL to drive a train.... or any government
> license.
>
>
> Pete Masterson
> '95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
> El Sobrante CA
> aeonix1@mac. com
>
>
>
> On Mar 30, 2009, at 5:46 PM, Chuck Wheeler wrote:
>
>
>
> Curious what the Texas test consisted of. I had a CDL until I retired from
> the railroad but never thought about needing something special for the
> Wanderlodge.
>
> - Chuck Wheeler-
>
>
> _____
>
> From: WanderlodgeForum@
> yahoogroups.com [mailto:Wanderl
> odgeForum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Chet Geist
> Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 7:36 PM
> To: WanderlodgeForum@
> yahoogroups.com
> Subject: RE: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
>
>
>
> Wallace,
>
> I checked this out about three or four years ago and at the time I was given
> a lot of advise on this forum that I had not read the law correctly. I also
> had people tell me that I should just take a chance and not bother to get a
> correct license. I did not follow all that free advise and went ahead took
> the test and got my no restriction class B license My present license is
> good until 2013 and if I am still driving a coach I will get it renewed.
>
> Chet Geist
> 1981/FC33/ Austin, Texas
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Wallace Craig
> Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 6:33 PM
> To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Wallace Craig
> 95 WLWB 42
> Azle, Texas
>
>
> --- On Mon, 3/30/09, Wallace Craig wrote:
>
>
>
> From: Wallace Craig
> Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
> To: wanderlodgeforum@yahoogroups.com, "wanderlodge forum"
> , "ron marabito" , "Ernie
> Eckbert" , "Ralph Fullenwider"
> Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 6:28 PM
>
>
>
> In the April issue of FMCA magazine at page 70 there is a brief article that
> purports to set forth that motorhomes weighing in excess of 26,000 requires
> that the operator have a Texas Class B noncommercial license. It require s
> a written and driving test and cost $10. Normally, one might entertain the
> idea of simply taking ones chances; however I am concerned about the legal
> ramifications on ones libality insurance coverage. I can imagine that an
> insurance carried would take the position that the vehicle was being
> operated without a proper license and that such is a violation of the
> policy terms and would void the policy. I am unaware of the case law (if
> any) in Texas on this issue but would not care to test the law with the
> insurance carrier in case of an accident. A spokesperson for the Texas DPS
> states that the test must be in the class vehicle they would like to drive.
> Ernie, this may mean that several of us need to get together an go at once
> in a texas lic coach.
>
> Comments??
>
>
> Wallace Craig
> < div>95 WLWB 42
> Azle, Texas
>
03-30-2009, 17:38
Texas RV Drivers License
and only till october 9 2009
I'm free whopeeeeee

--- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Birtles" wrote:
>
> Engineers are certified by the gov,t in the states as welll as rules certified
by the individual railways With your certification and a valid rules card you
have the ability to work for any railway in the United States
> what you dont want to do is get caught in a cardinal rule violation situation
if you lose your certification its time to flip burgers at mickey d's
> Stephen 77fc35
>
>
>
> --- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Wheeler" wrote:
> >
> > Actually you do. Engineers are licensed, this became a requirement after a
> > freight train collided with AMTRAK some where in the east. I haven't had a
> > engineer's license for about 12 years. I believe that STEPHEN BIRTLES is a
> > engineer and could provide current requirements. CDL is not required to
> > operate a train, but is to operated the trucks we used in the engineering
> > department. With the BNSF you were required to have a CDL if you worked in
> > the field at all just in case you drove one of the trucks. This is due to
> > the large number of trucks that have hasmat onboard even if they were not
> > large enough to normally require a special license..
> >
> > - Chuck Wheeler-
> > 1982 FC 31SB Fort Worth TX
> >
> >
> > _____
> >
> > From: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
> > [mailto:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Pete Masterson
> > Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 10:08 PM
> > To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
> >
> >
> >
> > I didn't think you needed a CDL to drive a train.... or any government
> > license.
> >
> >
> > Pete Masterson
> > '95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
> > El Sobrante CA
> > aeonix1@mac. com
> >
> >
> >
> > On Mar 30, 2009, at 5:46 PM, Chuck Wheeler wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > Curious what the Texas test consisted of. I had a CDL until I retired from
> > the railroad but never thought about needing something special for the
> > Wanderlodge.
> >
> > - Chuck Wheeler-
> > 1982 FC 31SB Fort Worth TX
> >
> >
> > _____
> >
> > From: WanderlodgeForum@
> > yahoogroups.com [mailto:Wanderl
> > odgeForum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Chet Geist
> > Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 7:36 PM
> > To: WanderlodgeForum@
> > yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: RE: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
> >
> >
> >
> > Wallace,
> >
> > I checked this out about three or four years ago and at the time I was given
> > a lot of advise on this forum that I had not read the law correctly. I also
> > had people tell me that I should just take a chance and not bother to get a
> > correct license. I did not follow all that free advise and went ahead took
> > the test and got my no restriction class B license My present license is
> > good until 2013 and if I am still driving a coach I will get it renewed.
> >
> > Chet Geist
> > 1981/FC33/ Austin, Texas
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
> > [mailto:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Wallace Craig
> > Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 6:33 PM
> > To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Wallace Craig
> > 95 WLWB 42
> > Azle, Texas
> >
> >
> > --- On Mon, 3/30/09, Wallace Craig wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > From: Wallace Craig
> > Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
> > To: wanderlodgeforum@yahoogroups.com, "wanderlodge forum"
> > , "ron marabito" , "Ernie
> > Eckbert" , "Ralph Fullenwider"
> > Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 6:28 PM
> >
> >
> >
> > In the April issue of FMCA magazine at page 70 there is a brief article that
> > purports to set forth that motorhomes weighing in excess of 26,000 requires
> > that the operator have a Texas Class B noncommercial license. It require s
> > a written and driving test and cost $10. Normally, one might entertain the
> > idea of simply taking ones chances; however I am concerned about the legal
> > ramifications on ones libality insurance coverage. I can imagine that an
> > insurance carried would take the position that the vehicle was being
> > operated without a proper license and that such is a violation of the
> > policy terms and would void the policy. I am unaware of the case law (if
> > any) in Texas on this issue but would not care to test the law with the
> > insurance carrier in case of an accident. A spokesperson for the Texas DPS
> > states that the test must be in the class vehicle they would like to drive.
> > Ernie, this may mean that several of us need to get together an go at once
> > in a texas lic coach.
> >
> > Comments??
> >
> >
> > Wallace Craig
> > < div>95 WLWB 42
> > Azle, Texas
> >
>
03-30-2009, 23:05
Texas RV Drivers License
LeRoy..I just took the Ga. CDL test and it was not too difficult..the air brake endorsement was a little tricky..If you are a veteran make sure to show your DD214 as the license is cheaper and you will never have to pay for a renewal..I had to go to a VA clinic to certify the DD214 prior to applying for the license..Jim Barone fulltiming in a 1991 WBWL currently in Savannah

Sent: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 8:37 pm

Just for the hell of it, I am going to take the written CDL General Knowledge test, the Air Brake endorsement, and the Combination endorsement tomorrow here in GA. If I can scrounge up a semi from a friend I will get a Class A; if not I will get a class B in the BB. Assuming I pass the written. It should not be a problem but the mock test questions I have taken in preparation try to trick you. All the way back to College I have never seen the benefit of that. 40 questions on each test; 80% accuracy required. Plus a DOT physical.

Leroy Eckert

1990 WB-40 Smoke N Mirrors

Dahlonega, GA

Royale Conversion

--- On Mon, 3/30/09, Chet Geist rr.com> wrote:

Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 9:23 PM

Chuck,
Chet Geist
1981 FC33, Austin, Texas

From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com ["Wanderlodge?" Forum@yahoogroup s.com]On Behalf Of Chuck Wheeler

- Chuck Wheeler-

From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com ["Wanderlodge?" Forum@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Chet Geist

Wallace,
Chet Geist
1981/FC33/ Austin, Texas

From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com ["Wanderlodge?" Forum@yahoogroup s.com]On Behalf Of Wallace Craig

Wallace Craig
95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

Comments??

Wallace Craig
95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)