Chuck, were you driving a WL when you had to back

Wallace Craig
95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

--- On Tue, 3/31/09, Chuck Wheeler wrote:

Subject: RE: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Texas RV Drivers License
To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 5:46 PM

If you have driven semi trucks before it should be no problem. If not get someone to take you somewhere where you can practice a little. I was required to back down a ally to a dock during my last test.
- Chuck Wheeler-
1982 FC 31SB Fort Worth TX

From: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Leroy A. Eckert
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:37 PM
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Texas RV Drivers License

--- In WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com, ciao70@... wrote:
>
> LeRoy..I just took the Ga. CDL test and it was not too difficult..the air brake endorsement was a little tricky..If you are a veteran make sure to show your DD214 as the license is cheaper and you will never have to pay for a renewal..I had to go to a VA clinic to certify the DD214 prior to applying for the license..Jim Barone fulltiming in a 1991 WBWL currently in Savannah

Thanks James. I took mine today. Took the General Knowledge Test, the Air Brake Test and the Combination Test. Passed them all. They gave me a Class AP permit and a Class C GA license. Now to find a Semi to get a Class A or if I take it in the bus I will only get a Class B. I prefer an A. That way I can haul chickens around
here in retirement. lol
Leroy Eckert
1990 WB-40 Smoke N Mirrors
Dahlonega, GA
Royale Conversion
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Leroy Eckert
> To: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com
> Sent: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 8:37 pm
> Subject: RE: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Just for the hell of it, I am going to take the written CDL General Knowledge test, the Air Brake endorsement, and the Combination endorsement tomorrow here in GA. If I can scrounge up a semi from a friend I will get a Class A; if not I will get a class B in the BB. Assuming I pass the written. It should not be a problem but the
mock test questions I have taken in preparation try to trick you. All the way back to College I have never seen the benefit of that. 40 questions on each test; 80% accuracy required. Plus a DOT physical.
> Leroy Eckert
> 1990 WB-40 Smoke N Mirrors
> Dahlonega, GA
> Royale Conversion
>
> --- On Mon, 3/30/09, Chet Geist wrote:
>
>
> From: Chet Geist
> Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 9:23 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ?
>
> Chuck,
>
> ?
>
> When I took the test it was thirteen questions on a computer.? Matter
covered is on a small number of chapters in the CDL book and they tell you what chapters to study.? Mostly lengths, lights, weights and things like that.? Then I took about a two mile road test with a DPS officer in the Bluebird.? His parting words were "Did you notice I didn't ask you how you got it here without a license".? I real nice officer.
>
> ?
>
> Chet Geist
>
> 1981 FC33, Austin, Texas
>
> ?
>
> ?
>
> ?
>
>
> From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge Forum@yahoogroup s.com]On Behalf Of Chuck Wheeler
> Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 7:46 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Curious what the Texas test consisted of.? I had a CDL until I retired from the
railroad but never thought about needing something special for the Wanderlodge.
>
> ?
>
> - Chuck Wheeler-
>
> 1982 FC 31SB Fort Worth TX
>
> ?
>
>
> From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge Forum@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Chet Geist
> Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 7:36 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Wallace,
>
> ?
>
> I checked this out about three or four years ago and at the time I was given a lot of advise on this forum that I had not read the law correctly.? I also had people tell me that I should just take a chance and not bother to get a correct license.? I did not follow all that free advise and went ahead took the test and got my no restriction class B
license? My present license is good until 2013 and if I am still driving a coach I will get it renewed.
>
> ?
>
> Chet Geist
>
> 1981/FC33/ Austin, Texas
>
> ?
>
>
> From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge Forum@yahoogroup s.com]On Behalf Of Wallace Craig
> Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 6:33 PM
> Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Wallace Craig
>
> 95 WLWB 42
>
> Azle, Texas
>
>
> --- On Mon, 3/30/09, Wallace Craig wrote:
>
>
> From: Wallace Craig
> Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
>
To: wanderlodgeforum@ yahoogroups. com, "wanderlodge forum" , "ron marabito" , "Ernie Eckbert" , "Ralph Fullenwider"
> Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 6:28 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> In the April issue of FMCA magazine at page 70 there is a brief article that purports to set forth that motorhomes weighing in excess of 26,000 requires that the operator have a Texas Class B noncommercial license.? It requires a written and driving test and cost $10.? Normally, one might entertain the idea of simply taking ones chances; however I am concerned about the legal ramifications on ones libality insurance coverage.? I can imagine that an insurance carried would take the position that the vehicle was being operated without a? proper license and that such is a violation of the policy terms and would
void the policy.? I am unaware of the case law (if any) in Texas on this issue but would not care to test the law with the insurance carrier in case of an accident. A spokesperson for the Texas DPS???states? that the test must be in the class vehicle they would like to drive.? Ernie, this may mean that several of us need to get together an go at once in a texas l ic coach.?
>
> ?
>
> ?Comments???
>
> ?
>
> Wallace Craig
>
> 95 WLWB 42
>
> Azle, Texas
>

Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2009, 11:54
Texas RV Drivers License
Chuck, were you driving a WL when you had to back down

Wallace Craig
95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

If you have driven semi trucks before it should be no problem. If not get someone to take you somewhere where you can practice a little. I was required to back down a ally to a dock during my last test.
- Chuck Wheeler-

From: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Leroy A. Eckert

>
> LeRoy..I just took the Ga. CDL test and it was not too difficult..the air brake endorsement was a little tricky..If you are a veteran make sure to show your DD214 as the license is cheaper and you will never have to pay for a renewal..I had to go to a VA clinic to certify the DD214 prior to applying for the license..Jim Barone fulltiming in a 1991 WBWL currently in Savannah

Thanks James. I took mine today. Took the General Knowledge Test, the Air Brake Test and the Combination Test. Passed them all. They gave me a Class AP permit and a Class C GA license. Now to find a Semi to get a Class A or if I take it in the bus I will only get a Class B. I prefer an A. That way I can haul chickens around
here in retirement. lol
Leroy Eckert
Dahlonega, GA
Royale Conversion
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Just for the hell of it, I am going to take the written CDL General Knowledge test, the Air Brake endorsement, and the Combination endorsement tomorrow here in GA. If I can scrounge up a semi from a friend I will get a Class A; if not I will get a class B in the BB. Assuming I pass the written. It should not be a problem but the
mock test questions I have taken in preparation try to trick you. All the way back to College I have never seen the benefit of that. 40 questions on each test; 80% accuracy required. Plus a DOT physical.
> Leroy Eckert
> Dahlonega, GA
> Royale Conversion
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ?
>
> Chuck,
>
> ?
>
covered is on a small number of chapters in the CDL book and they tell you what chapters to study.? Mostly lengths, lights, weights and things like that.? Then I took about a two mile road test with a DPS officer in the Bluebird.? His parting words were "Did you notice I didn't ask you how you got it here without a license".? I real nice officer.
>
> ?
>
> Chet Geist
>
>
> ?
>
> ?
>
> ?
>
>
> From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge Forum@yahoogroup s.com]On Behalf Of Chuck Wheeler
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Curious what the Texas test consisted of.? I had a CDL until I retired from the
>
> ?
>
> - Chuck Wheeler-
>
>
> ?
>
>
> From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge Forum@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Chet Geist
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Wallace,
>
> ?
>
> I checked this out about three or four years ago and at the time I was given a lot of advise on this forum that I had not read the law correctly.? I also had people tell me that I should just take a chance and not bother to get a correct license.? I did not follow all that free advise and went ahead took the test and got my no restriction class B
license? My present license is good until 2013 and if I am still driving a coach I will get it renewed.
>
> ?
>
> Chet Geist
>
>
> ?
>
>
> From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge Forum@yahoogroup s.com]On Behalf Of Wallace Craig
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Wallace Craig
>
> 95 WLWB 42
>
> Azle, Texas
>
>
>
>
>
To: wanderlodgeforum@ yahoogroups. com, "wanderlodge forum" , "ron marabito" , "Ernie Eckbert" , "Ralph Fullenwider"
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> In the April issue of FMCA magazine at page 70 there is a brief article that purports to set forth that motorhomes weighing in excess of 26,000 requires that the operator have a Texas Class B noncommercial license.? It requires a written and driving test and cost $10.? Normally, one might entertain the idea of simply taking ones chances; however I am concerned about the legal ramifications on ones libality insurance coverage.? I can imagine that an insurance carried would take the position that the vehicle was being operated without a? proper license and that such is a violation of the policy terms and would
void the policy.? I am unaware of the case law (if any) in Texas on this issue but would not care to test the law with the insurance carrier in case of an accident. A spokesperson for the Texas DPS???states? that the test must be in the class vehicle they would like to drive.? Ernie, this may mean that several of us need to get together an go at once in a texas l ic coach.?
>
> ?
>
> ?Comments???
>
> ?
>
> Wallace Craig
>
> 95 WLWB 42
>
> Azle, Texas
>

Texas RV Drivers License
Chuck, were you driving a WL when you had to

Wallace Craig
95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

- Chuck Wheeler-

>

here in retirement. lol
Leroy Eckert
Dahlonega, GA
Royale Conversion
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Leroy Eckert
> Dahlonega, GA
> Royale Conversion
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ?
>
> Chuck,
>
> ?
>
>
> ?
>
> Chet Geist
>
>
> ?
>
> ?
>
> ?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ?
>
> - Chuck Wheeler-
>
>
> ?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Wallace,
>
> ?
>
>
> ?
>
> Chet Geist
>
>
> ?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Wallace Craig
>
> 95 WLWB 42
>
> Azle, Texas
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ?
>
> ?Comments???
>
> ?
>
> Wallace Craig
>
> 95 WLWB 42
>
> Azle, Texas
>

Texas RV Drivers License
Chuck, were you driving a WL when you had to back down the

Wallace Craig
95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

- Chuck Wheeler-

>

here in retirement. lol
Leroy Eckert
Dahlonega, GA
Royale Conversion
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Leroy Eckert
> Dahlonega, GA
> Royale Conversion
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ?
>
> Chuck,
>
> ?
>
>
> ?
>
> Chet Geist
>
>
> ?
>
> ?
>
> ?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ?
>
> - Chuck Wheeler-
>
>
> ?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Wallace,
>
> ?
>
>
> ?
>
> Chet Geist
>
>
> ?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Wallace Craig
>
> 95 WLWB 42
>
> Azle, Texas
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ?
>
> ?Comments???
>
> ?
>
> Wallace Craig
>
> 95 WLWB 42
>
> Azle, Texas
>

03-31-2009, 12:16
Texas RV Drivers License
Hi Ryan,
As a CDL license holder with a P (Passenger)endorsement from Washington state, I
feel your pain (hate using a Clinton blurb).
I have found that the boys in blue do cut me some slack when they catch me
speeding a little over the limit. They know what this does to your Class A
license.
The plus side is my insurance for the car and a separate one for the bus have
earned me a discount.
Bob Lawrence
84 PT36
Los Fresnos, Texas

> You might check to be sure there aren't ramifications... I always
> wanted to get a CDL, just to have it. Unfortunately, in Washington
> (and it may be this way everywhere, I don't know), any traffic
> infractions by a CDL holder result in a doubling of the fine (because
> you should have known better, apparently). This is true regardless of
> the vehicle you are driving at the time you are ticketed.
>
> As our government agents in blue just love to hand out extortion
> notices, and as I've been the recipient of enough of them for
> inadvertant mild speeding (and others for entirely BS, made up
> reasons), I decided against holding a CDL unless I absolutely needed
> one - and I don't.
>
> -Ryan
> '86 PT-40 8V92
>
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Leroy Eckert wrote:
> > Just for the hell of it, I am going to take the written CDL General
> > Knowledge test, the Air Brake endorsement, and the Combination endorsement
> > tomorrow here in GA. If I can scrounge up a semi from a friend I will get a
> > Class A; if not I will get a class B in the BB. Assuming I pass the written.
> > It should not be a problem but the mock test questions I have taken in
> > preparation try to trick you. All the way back to College I have never seen
> > the benefit of that. 40 questions on each test; 80% accuracy required. Plus
> > a DOT physical.
> > Leroy Eckert
> > 1990 WB-40 Smoke N Mirrors
> > Dahlonega, GA
> > Royale Conversion
> >
>
03-31-2009, 12:49
Texas RV Drivers License
Wallace must have hiccups,

Bill 88 FC Michigan

--- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, Wallace Craig
wrote:
>
> Chuck, were you driving a WL when you had
>
>
> Wallace Craig
> 95 WLWB 42
> Azle, Texas
>
> --- On Tue, 3/31/09, Chuck Wheeler wrote:
>
>
> From: Chuck Wheeler
> Subject: RE: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Texas RV Drivers License
> To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 5:46 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> If you have driven semi trucks before it should be no problem. If not get
someone to take you somewhere where you can practice a little.   I was required
to back down a ally to a dock during my last test.
>
> - Chuck Wheeler-
>
>
>
>
> From: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Leroy A. Eckert
> Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:37 PM
> Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Texas RV Drivers License
>
>
>
>
> --- In WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com, ciao70@ wrote:
> >
> > LeRoy..I just took the Ga. CDL test and it was not too difficult..the air
brake endorsement was a little tricky..If you are a veteran make sure to show
your DD214 as the license is cheaper and you will never have to pay for a
renewal..I had to go to a VA clinic to certify the DD214 prior to applying for
the license..Jim Barone fulltiming in a 1991 WBWL currently in Savannah
>
> Thanks James. I took mine today. Took the General Knowledge Test, the Air
Brake Test and the Combination Test. Passed them all. They gave me a Class AP
permit and a Class C GA license. Now to find a Semi to get a Class A or if I
take it in the bus I will only get a Class B. I prefer an A. That way I can haul
chickens around here in retirement. lol
> Leroy Eckert
> Dahlonega, GA
> Royale Conversion
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Leroy Eckert
> > To: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com
> > Sent: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 8:37 pm
> > Subject: RE: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Just for the hell of it, I am going to take the written CDL General
Knowledge test, the Air Brake endorsement, and the Combination endorsement
tomorrow here in GA. If I can scrounge up a semi from a friend I will get a
Class A; if not I will get a class B in the BB. Assuming I pass the written. It
should not be a problem but the mock test questions I have taken in preparation
try to trick you. All the way back to College I have never seen the benefit of
that. 40 questions on each test; 80% accuracy required. Plus a DOT physical.
> > Leroy Eckert
> > Dahlonega, GA
> > Royale Conversion
> >
> > --- On Mon, 3/30/09, Chet Geist wrote:
> >
> >
> > From: Chet Geist
> > Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 9:23 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ?
> >
> > Chuck,
> >
> > ?
> >
> > When I took the test it was thirteen questions on a computer.? Matter
covered is on a small number of chapters in the CDL book and they tell you what
chapters to study.? Mostly lengths, lights, weights and things like that.? Then
I took about a two mile road test with a DPS officer in the Bluebird.? His
parting words were "Did you notice I didn't ask you how you got it here without
a license".? I real nice officer.
> >
> > ?
> >
> > Chet Geist
> >
> > 1981 FC33, Austin, Texas
> >
> > ?
> >
> > ?
> >
> > ?
> >
> >
> > From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge
Forum@yahoogroup s.com]On Behalf Of Chuck Wheeler
> > Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 7:46 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Curious what the Texas test consisted of.? I had a CDL until I retired from
the railroad but never thought about needing something special for the
Wanderlodge.
> >
> > ?
> >
> > - Chuck Wheeler-
> >
> > 1982 FC 31SB Fort Worth TX
> >
> > ?
> >
> >
Forum@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Chet Geist
> > Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 7:36 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Wallace,
> >
> > ?
> >
> > I checked this out about three or four years ago and at the time I was given
a lot of advise on this forum that I had not read the law correctly.? I also had
people tell me that I should just take a chance and not bother to get a correct
license.? I did not follow all that free advise and went ahead took the test and
got my no restriction class B license? My present license is good until 2013 and
if I am still driving a coach I will get it renewed.
> >
> > ?
> >
> > Chet Geist
> >
> > 1981/FC33/ Austin, Texas
> >
> > ?
> >
> >
Forum@yahoogroup s.com]On Behalf Of Wallace Craig
> > Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 6:33 PM
> > Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Wallace Craig
> >
> > 95 WLWB 42
> >
> > Azle, Texas
> >
> >
> > --- On Mon, 3/30/09, Wallace Craig wrote:
> >
> >
> > From: Wallace Craig
> > Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
> > To: wanderlodgeforum@ yahoogroups. com, "wanderlodge forum"
, "ron marabito" , "Ernie
Eckbert" , "Ralph Fullenwider"
> > Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 6:28 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > In the April issue of FMCA magazine at page 70 there is a brief article that
purports to set forth that motorhomes weighing in excess of 26,000 requires that
the operator have a Texas Class B noncommercial license.? It requires a written
and driving test and cost $10.? Normally, one might entertain the idea of simply
taking ones chances; however I am concerned about the legal ramifications on
ones libality insurance coverage.? I can imagine that an insurance carried would
take the position that the vehicle was being operated without a? proper license
and that such is a violation of the policy terms and would void the policy.? I
am unaware of the case law (if any) in Texas on this issue but would not care to
test the law with the insurance carrier in case of an accident. A spokesperson
for the Texas DPS???states? that the test must be in the class vehicle they
would like to drive.? Ernie, this may mean that several of us need to get
together an go at
> once in a texas l ic coach.?
> >
> > ?
> >
> > ?Comments???
> >
> > ?
> >
> > Wallace Craig
> >
> > 95 WLWB 42
> >
> > Azle, Texas
> >
>
03-31-2009, 12:57
Texas RV Drivers License
just this japanese computer

Wallace Craig
95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

--- On Tue, 3/31/09, pattypape wrote:

Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 7:49 PM

Wallace must have hiccups,

Bill 88 FC Michigan

--- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, Wallace Craig wrote:
>
> Chuck, were you driving a WL when you had
>
>
> Wallace Craig
> 95 WLWB 42
> Azle, Texas
>
> --- On Tue, 3/31/09, Chuck Wheeler wrote:
>
>
> From: Chuck Wheeler
> Subject: RE: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Texas RV Drivers License
> Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 5:46 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>

>
> If you have driven semi trucks before it should be no problem. If not get someone to take you somewhere where you can practice a little. I was required to back down a ally to a dock during my last test.
>
> - Chuck Wheeler-
>
>
>
>
> From: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Leroy A. Eckert
> Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:37 PM
>
>
>
>
> --- In WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com, ciao70@ wrote:
> >
> > LeRoy..I just took the Ga. CDL test and it was not too difficult..the air brake endorsement was a little tricky..If you are a veteran make sure to show your DD214 as the license is cheaper and you will never have to pay for a renewal..I had to go to a VA clinic to certify the DD214 prior to applying for the license..Jim Barone fulltiming in a 1991 WBWL currently in Savannah
>
> Thanks James. I took mine today. Took the General Knowledge Test, the Air Brake Test and the Combination Test. Passed them all. They gave me a Class AP permit and a Class C GA license. Now to find a Semi to get a Class A or if I take it in the bus I will only get a Class B. I prefer an A.
That way I can haul chickens around here in retirement. lol
> Leroy Eckert
> Dahlonega, GA
> Royale Conversion
> >
> >
> > From: Leroy Eckert
> > Sent: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 8:37 pm
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Just for the hell of it, I am going to take the written CDL General Knowledge test, the Air Brake endorsement, and the Combination endorsement tomorrow here in GA. If I can scrounge up a semi from a friend I will get a Class A; if not I will get a class B in the BB. Assuming I pass the written. It should not be a problem but the mock test questions I have
taken in preparation try to trick you. All the way back to College I have never seen the benefit of that. 40 questions on each test; 80% accuracy required. Plus a DOT physical.
> > Leroy Eckert
> > Dahlonega, GA
> > Royale Conversion
> >
> > --- On Mon, 3/30/09, Chet Geist wrote:
> >
> >
> > From: Chet Geist
> > Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 9:23 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ?
> >
> > Chuck,
> >
> > ?
> >
> > When I took the test it was thirteen questions on a computer.? Matter covered is on a small number of chapters in the CDL book and they tell you what
chapters to study.? Mostly lengths, lights, weights and things like that.? Then I took about a two mile road test with a DPS officer in the Bluebird.? His parting words were "Did you notice I didn't ask you how you got it here without a license".? I real nice officer.
> >
> > ?
> >
> > Chet Geist
> >
> > 1981 FC33, Austin, Texas
> >
> > ?
> >
> > ?
> >
> > ?
> >
> >
> > From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge Forum@yahoogroup s.com]On Behalf Of Chuck Wheeler
> > Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 7:46 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Curious what the Texas test
consisted of.? I had a CDL until I retired from the railroad but never thought about needing something special for the Wanderlodge.
> >
> > ?
> >
> > - Chuck Wheeler-
> >
> >
> > ?
> >
> >
> > From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge Forum@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Chet Geist
> > Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 7:36 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Wallace,
> >
> > ?
> >
> > I checked this out about three or four years ago and at the time I was given a lot of advise on this forum that I had not read the law correctly.? I also had people
tell me that I should just take a chance and not bother to get a correct license.? I did not follow all that free advise and went ahead took the test and got my no restriction class B license? My present license is good until 2013 and if I am still driving a coach I will get it renewed.
> >
> > ?
> >
> > Chet Geist
> >
> > 1981/FC33/ Austin, Texas
> >
> > ?
> >
> >
> > From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge Forum@yahoogroup s.com]On Behalf Of Wallace Craig
> > Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 6:33 PM
> > Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
Wallace Craig
> >
> > 95 WLWB 42
> >
> > Azle, Texas
> >
> >
> > --- On Mon, 3/30/09, Wallace Craig wrote:
> >
> >
> > From: Wallace Craig
> > Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
> > To: wanderlodgeforum@ yahoogroups. com, "wanderlodge forum" , "ron marabito" , "Ernie Eckbert" , "Ralph Fullenwider"
> > Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 6:28 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > In the April issue of FMCA magazine at page 70 there is a brief article that purports to set forth that motorhomes weighing in excess of 26,000 requires that the operator have a Texas Class B
noncommercial license.? It requires a written and driving test and cost $10.? Normally, one might entertain the idea of simply taking ones chances; however I am concerned about the legal ramifications on ones libality insurance coverage.? I can imagine that an insurance carried would take the position that the vehicle was being operated without a? proper license and that such is a violation of the policy terms and would void the policy.? I am unaware of the case law (if any) in Texas on this issue but would not care to test the law with the insurance carrier in case of an accident. A spokesperson for the Texas DPS???states? that the test must be in the class vehicle they would like to drive.? Ernie, this may mean that several of us need to get together an go at
> once in a texas l ic coach.?
> >
> > ?
> >
> > ?Comments???
> >
> > ?
> >
> > Wallace Craig
> >

> > 95 WLWB 42
> >
> > Azle, Texas
> >
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WanderlodgeForum/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WanderlodgeForum/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:WanderlodgeForum-digest@yahoogroups.com

mailto:WanderlodgeForum-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
WanderlodgeForum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

03-31-2009, 13:09
Texas RV Drivers License
Oh yeaaah, riiight - blame the machine ......

LOL!!!

Mike Bulriss
1991 WB 40 "Texas Minivan"
San Antonio, TX also on a japanese computer

-- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, Wallace Craig wrote:
>
>       just this japanese computer
>
>
> Wallace Craig
> 95 WLWB 42
> Azle, Texas
>
> --- On Tue, 3/31/09, pattypape wrote:
>
>
> From: pattypape
> Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 7:49 PM
>
>
> Wallace must have hiccups,
>
> Bill 88 FC Michigan
>
> --- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, Wallace Craig wrote:
> >
> > Chuck, were you driving a WL when you had
> >
> >
> > Wallace Craig
> > 95 WLWB 42
> > Azle, Texas
> >
> > --- On Tue, 3/31/09, Chuck Wheeler wrote:
> >
> >
> > From: Chuck Wheeler
> > Subject: RE: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Texas RV Drivers License
> > To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
> > Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 5:46 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > If you have driven semi trucks before it should be no problem. If not get
someone to take you somewhere where you can practice a little.   I was required
to back down a ally to a dock during my last test.
> >
> > - Chuck Wheeler-
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > From: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Leroy A. Eckert
> > Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:37 PM
> > To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Texas RV Drivers License
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com, ciao70@ wrote:
> > >
> > > LeRoy..I just took the Ga. CDL test and it was not too difficult..the air
brake endorsement was a little tricky..If you are a veteran make sure to show
your DD214 as the license is cheaper and you will never have to pay for a
renewal..I had to go to a VA clinic to certify the DD214 prior to applying for
the license..Jim Barone fulltiming in a 1991 WBWL currently in Savannah
> >
> > Thanks James. I took mine today. Took the General Knowledge Test, the Air
Brake Test and the Combination Test. Passed them all. They gave me a Class AP
permit and a Class C GA license. Now to find a Semi to get a Class A or if I
take it in the bus I will only get a Class B. I prefer an A. That way I can haul
chickens around here in retirement. lol
> > Leroy Eckert
> > Dahlonega, GA
> > Royale Conversion
> > >
> > >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: Leroy Eckert
> > > To: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com
> > > Sent: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 8:37 pm
> > > Subject: RE: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Just for the hell of it, I am going to take the written CDL General
Knowledge test, the Air Brake endorsement, and the Combination endorsement
tomorrow here in GA. If I can scrounge up a semi from a friend I will get a
Class A; if not I will get a class B in the BB. Assuming I pass the written. It
should not be a problem but the mock test questions I have taken in preparation
try to trick you. All the way back to College I have never seen the benefit of
that. 40 questions on each test; 80% accuracy required. Plus a DOT physical.
> > > Leroy Eckert
> > > 1990 WB-40 Smoke N Mirrors
> > > Dahlonega, GA
> > > Royale Conversion
> > >
> > > --- On Mon, 3/30/09, Chet Geist wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > > From: Chet Geist
> > > Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 9:23 PM
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ?
> > >
> > > Chuck,
> > >
> > > ?
> > >
> > > When I took the test it was thirteen questions on a computer.? Matter
covered is on a small number of chapters in the CDL book and they tell you what
chapters to study.? Mostly lengths, lights, weights and things like that.? Then
I took about a two mile road test with a DPS officer in the Bluebird.? His
parting words were "Did you notice I didn't ask you how you got it here without
a license".? I real nice officer.
> > >
> > > ?
> > >
> > > Chet Geist
> > >
> > > 1981 FC33, Austin, Texas
> > >
> > > ?
> > >
> > > ?
> > >
> > > ?
> > >
> > >
> > > From: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Wanderlodge
Forum@yahoogroup s.com]On Behalf Of Chuck Wheeler
> > > Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 7:46 PM
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Curious what the Texas test consisted of.? I had a CDL until I retired
from the railroad but never thought about needing something special for the
Wanderlodge.
> > >
> > > ?
> > >
> > > - Chuck Wheeler-
> > >
> > > 1982 FC 31SB Fort Worth TX
> > >
> > > ?
> > >
> > >
Forum@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Chet Geist
> > > Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 7:36 PM
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Wallace,
> > >
> > > ?
> > >
> > > I checked this out about three or four years ago and at the time I was
given a lot of advise on this forum that I had not read the law correctly.? I
also had people tell me that I should just take a chance and not bother to get a
correct license.? I did not follow all that free advise and went ahead took the
test and got my no restriction class B license? My present license is good until
2013 and if I am still driving a coach I will get it renewed.
> > >
> > > ?
> > >
> > > Chet Geist
> > >
> > > 1981/FC33/ Austin, Texas
> > >
> > > ?
> > >
> > >
Forum@yahoogroup s.com]On Behalf Of Wallace Craig
> > > Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 6:33 PM
> > > Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Wallace Craig
> > >
> > > 95 WLWB 42
> > >
> > > Azle, Texas
> > >
> > >
> > > --- On Mon, 3/30/09, Wallace Craig wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > > From: Wallace Craig
> > > Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Texas RV Drivers License
> > > To: wanderlodgeforum@ yahoogroups. com, "wanderlodge forum"
, "ron marabito" , "Ernie
Eckbert" , "Ralph Fullenwider"
> > > Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 6:28 PM
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > In the April issue of FMCA magazine at page 70 there is a brief article
that purports to set forth that motorhomes weighing in excess of 26,000 requires
that the operator have a Texas Class B noncommercial license.? It requires a
written and driving test and cost $10.? Normally, one might entertain the idea
of simply taking ones chances; however I am concerned about the legal
ramifications on ones libality insurance coverage.? I can imagine that an
insurance carried would take the position that the vehicle was being operated
without a? proper license and that such is a violation of the policy terms and
would void the policy.? I am unaware of the case law (if any) in Texas on this
issue but would not care to test the law with the insurance carrier in case of
an accident. A spokesperson for the Texas DPS???states? that the test must be in
the class vehicle they would like to drive.? Ernie, this may mean that several
of us need to get together an go at
> > once in a texas l ic coach.?
> > >
> > > ?
> > >
> > > ?Comments???
> > >
> > > ?
> > >
> > > Wallace Craig
> > >
> > > 95 WLWB 42
> > >
> > > Azle, Texas
> > >
> >
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
03-31-2009, 16:56
Texas RV Drivers License

No, it was a day cab (no sleeper) with a 40' trailer. This was in Oceanside Ca. We later transferred and I was retiring soon so I let it expire and just have a regular Texas license. I drove charter Buses for awhile while in college and was required to make a "Y" turn by backing it into a alley. This later proved useful when I ended up at First and Hope St in LA. Itdead ended into the LA library and I had to back out of that mess.I had to get help from LAPD due to the traffic. I was relying on directions from the pack master of the scouts I was taking to camp in Vista Ca. The kids though it was funny.
- Chuck Wheeler-

From: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Wallace Craig
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:54 PM

Chuck, were you driving a WL when you had to back down the

Wallace Craig
95 WLWB 42
Azle, Texas

--- On Tue, 3/31/09, Chuck Wheeler eeler.com> wrote:

- Chuck Wheeler-

>

Thanks James. I took mine today. Took the General Knowledge Test, the Air Brake Test and the Combination Test. Passed them all. They gave me a Class AP permit and a Class C GA license. Now to find a Semi to get a Class A or if I take it in the bus I will only get a Class B. I prefer an A. That way I can haul chickens around here in retirement. lol
Leroy Eckert
Dahlonega, GA
Royale Conversion
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Just for the hell of it, I am going to take the written CDL General Knowledge test, the Air Brake endorsement, and the Combination endorsement tomorrow here in GA. If I can scrounge up a semi from a friend I will get a Class A; if not I will get a class B in the BB. Assuming I pass the written. It should not be a problem but the mock test questions I have taken in preparation try to trick you. All the way back to College I have never seen the benefit of that. 40 questions on each test; 80% accuracy required. Plus a DOT physical.
> Leroy Eckert
> Dahlonega, GA
> Royale Conversion
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ?
>
> Chuck,
>
> ?
>
> When I took the test it was thirteen questions on a computer.? Matter covered is on a small number of chapters in the CDL book and they tell you what chapters to study.? Mostly lengths, lights, weights and things like that.? Then I took about a two mile road test with a DPS officer in the Bluebird.? His parting words were "Did you notice I didn't ask you how you got it here without a license".? I real nice officer.
>
> ?
>
> Chet Geist
>
>
> ?
>
> ?
>
> ?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Curious what the Texas test consisted of.? I had a CDL until I retired from the railroad but never thought about needing something special for the Wanderlodge.
>
> ?
>
> - Chuck Wheeler-
>
>
> ?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Wallace,
>
> ?
>
> I checked this out about three or four years ago and at the time I was given a lot of advise on this forum that I had not read the law correctly.? I also had people tell me that I should just take a chance and not bother to get a correct license.? I did not follow all that free advise and went ahead took the test and got my no restriction class B license? My present license is good until 2013 and if I am still driving a coach I will get it renewed.
>
> ?
>
> Chet Geist
>
>
> ?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Wallace Craig
>
> 95 WLWB 42
>
> Azle, Texas
>
>
>
>
> To: wanderlodgeforum@ yahoogroups. com, "wanderlodge forum" , "ron marabito" , "Ernie Eckbert" , "Ralph Fullenwider"
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> In the April issue of FMCA magazine at page 70 there is a brief article that purports to set forth that motorhomes weighing in excess of 26,000 requires that the operator have a Texas Class B noncommercial license.? It requires a written and driving test and cost $10.? Normally, one might entertain the idea of simply taking ones chances; however I am concerned about the legal ramifications on ones libality insurance coverage.? I can imagine that an insurance carried would take the position that the vehicle was being operated without a? proper license and that such is a violation of the policy terms and would void the policy.? I am unaware of the case law (if any) in Texas on this issue but would not care to test the law with the insurance carrier in case of an accident. A spokesperson for the Texas DPS???states? that the test must be in the class vehicle they would like to drive.? Ernie, this may mean that several of us need to get together an go at once in a texas l ic coach.?
>
> ?
>
> ?Comments???
>
> ?
>
> Wallace Craig
>
> 95 WLWB 42
>
> Azle, Texas
>

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)