Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chassis A/C
07-07-2013, 10:53
Chassis A/C
My chassis a/c, which worked fine forever, developed a leak at the drier(which is above the windshield). Since I found it, I am going to fix it(no real problem), but I need more freon R-12. Does anyone have a source for it, either in small cans or a 30 lb container.

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2013, 11:46
RE: Chassis A/C
(07-07-2013 10:53)patticake Wrote:  My chassis a/c, which worked fine forever, developed a leak at the drier(which is above the windshield). Since I found it, I am going to fix it(no real problem), but I need more freon R-12. Does anyone have a source for it, either in small cans or a 30 lb container.

EBay
07-07-2013, 16:30
Most refrigeration service companies still carry R-12.

TOM
07-07-2013, 20:47
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
07-07-2013, 23:37 (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 23:39 by davidbrady.)
Slightly off topic, but I've always wanted to swap out my York compressor for a swash plate style compressor. I can't keep R134 in my York compressors. My theory is that these compressors were built for R12 and the seals were never upgraded for R134, so they tend to leak.

I think the unit we want is a Sanden SD7H15 (this is what Prevost uses). We also need a mounting adapter kit and a pulley and we need to get the right rotation, clockwise I think, and the fittings correct. Page A-40 of this document,
.pdf  AC compressors.pdf (Size: 1.78 MB / Downloads: 1563) , shows the York/TCCI to Sanden conversion bracket MD9090026, which has the two v-groove 6" pulley. The doc also has specs for the SD7H15 which line up remarkably well with our York compressors (part number: PT: ET210L-25073C).

Seems like a great upgrade if someone wants to take it on! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
07-08-2013, 09:10
Check with Freightliner or another truck co. I know they used the 60 series with dash a/c, and if I remember correctly, they had Sanden compressors. They may have the correct mount and compressor.

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
[+] 1 user Likes patticake's post
07-30-2015, 22:11
The compressor for the dash air on my 91 SP36 bit dust. I currently have a Seltec TH-15HD compressor which I am quite sure is not factory issue. Does anyone know what compressor came from the factory? I feel if it was a York unit the replacement may have been under sized. Any help would be appreciated.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)