Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NADA Wanderlodge Listings
07-07-2015, 22:58
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings
I applaud NADA for not bowing down to the requests of self interests groups

I wanted to comment on this but post, but the Go daddy would not allow . I think you would admit to some point we are all a " self interested group "

lets allow all to reply, and comment on this topic . I can as a past owner understand why a vintage owner may not want NADA to show a value .

I can, as a newer BB understand NADA being listed .

so now we have the 2 sides of the coin ,

which is better heads or Tails ? Smile

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2015, 23:23 (This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 23:34 by davidbrady.)
If it can be fixed, and it can, then why don't we fix it? BBBB, BirdConnection, and other dealer/brokers can funnel their transaction prices to NADA. NADA will listen. Financing companies often won't lend above NADA values. What if NADA isn't there; in that case, will they lend at all? If "a scrap dealing, southern hick, who lives in a warehouse"/broker calls on his own behalf w/o consensus to have all NADA data discarded, who's interest is being served? If all owners agree to have it removed then we can organize and proceed. If half say yay and half say nay then we haven't given carte blanche to the scrap dealer and he's not representing us; he's representing himself. If there're two sides, then we haven't given anyone the power to make a choice for us. Anyone who gives this any thought has got to come to the conclusion that dealer/brokers want in on the action of every transaction. They want to be the goto guys when someone needs market pricing input. They want to weasel their way into the deal, they want to corner the market, and they don't want a third party independent influencing the buyers or the sellers. Too bad. NADA is here, it's still publishing data, and they're willing to listen if others are willing to participate.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
07-08-2015, 08:40
"If it can be fixed, and it can, then why don't we fix it? BBBB, BirdConnection, and other dealer/brokers can funnel their transaction prices to NADA."

Agreed.

IF, IF , IF these sellers send this info to NADA.

They are NOT doing this now, or the prices would reflect that fact.

What is going to MAKE them send it in, since their decision now is NOT to send it in?

What exactly can we as members of WAGU do to MAKE them send in that info? Without some mechanism of forcing, or persuading, them to do so, then they will NOT. WHAT can we do to make this happen, so that the values in NADA are even somewhat close to actual values?
07-08-2015, 13:11 (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 15:06 by travelite.)
Lobby them. Try to influence them. Appeal to their reason, emotion, logic, common sense, decency, or whatever else motivates them. I agree it's odd. The nations auto dealers have been funneling current transaction prices to NADA for years. Why won't BBBB, BirdConnection, and the others? Ask them why they won't.

david brady,

07-08-2015, 16:19
not sure why BBBB wont, but I can guess on Bird Connection , " he dosen t sell any " hahaha From what I can see this is where you list your coach for what you think it is worth not what the market will bear . just my thoughts here .

ps,

the warehouse is unlike any you have seen Smile

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
07-08-2015, 18:48
Yes Al, Randy's "warehouse" is a must see, a lot of creativity going on there!
07-09-2015, 13:10 (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015 17:38 by travelite.)
Collectively we have pricing power. Classic cars have gone thru the roof because that last owner decided he won't sell at any price. There's talk out there that they're only worth what someone will pay. Nonsense, they're worth what the last person is willing to sell at. The owners are in the driver's seat Then there's price anchor perception. This anchor price is easily influenced by those who work on flat rate commissions, especially if there's a dearth of alternative pricing guides. Don't give them that power.

You may ask why Prevost conversions don't have this problem. I believe it's because there are people and organizations out there willing to fight for the price. The converters sell direct and they don't cave on price, even on their used coaches. They would never undersell their used coaches because such actions deteriorate the price of the new coaches. Wanderlodge lost it's manufacturer and its network of price supporting dealers. Prices have taken a nosedive because there's no one out there fighting for them. Today I can buy a late model bird for the price of a Thor Class B - that's crazy! Just my thoughts. Smile

A good example of holding together in the BB world is the M450. From my vantage point it looks like the M450 owners got together and decided not to sell cheap. It seems to be working.

david brady,

07-09-2015, 22:12
well a Prevost is a bus company still in business , with service facility's nation wide . I find it then comes down to who the converter is as to price and value .

Liberty highest price, then marathon followed by Vantare , Parliament and so on(my opinion Smile ) . I personally like the Liberty but only as a show coach . did you ever notice all the nick knacks ? where may I ask do you place all your junk haha

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
07-09-2015, 22:22 (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015 22:51 by davidbrady.)
In my opinion liberty is no better than the others. It took till 2007 before liberty installed pure sinewave inverters while the rest of the field had been using them since before 2000. Liberty only puts four AGM's in the XLII. They use a constant heat sink heating system which constantly circulates engine coolant throughout the coach, even in the summertime, no Aquahot or isolating heat exchanger. They don't share any electrical or plumbing or house schematics with owners. Need to find the fuse for your somfy blinds - you need to make a call to liberty. The list goes on. All the converters are wonderful, but they all have their warts. All the converters have their protagonists and their antagonists. Of the bunch, only Parliament and Vantare share full schematics with owners free of charge. If you have junk to haul around then you need an H3. Only the H3 has basement bays that will accept a Harley wheeled in upright! LOL! Smile

But my point is, and in the thrust of this thread, handing over pricing power to one entity can't be good.

david brady,

07-09-2015, 23:27
you know I will need to see the Harley in the bay David Smile

I agree they are all pretty darn good with there issues . I guess it depends on where you go for service and what you like . I personally do like the vantaras and Parliament cause you own 1, and Parliament is in my neighborhood lol

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)